Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Oh these kids nowadays ...

Today's children have scant respect for elders, traditions and practices. From a traditional perspective It is really bad but there is a great blessing hidden in it. They take nothing at face value. They want an explanation. If you can find the explanation and give it to them they will become the greatest defenders of the same tradition. So the question we should ask ourselves is are we going to keep cribbing about the next gen or take up this as an opportunity and find out the scientific roots/ rationale of our culture and traditions and lay a very deep foundation for the future ?

1 comment:

  1. I was always taught to respect my elders and I've now reached the age when I don't have anybody to respect. But it is nice to bask in the respect that young people give me. I don't see any of the phenomenon that you talk about. To get respect, you give respect first irrespective of the age of the other.

    ReplyDelete